Any and all content on zensylvania.com is provisional and is therefore subject to change based upon editorial needs, new information, further research, authorial whims and fiat or altered perspectives. Like life itself, it’s all a work in progress.
All writing and images on zensylvania.com is original except as may be attributed in these notes. If you believe that a source may have been omitted in error, please let me know via the contact page.
Footnotes to An Archetype: An Inquiry into “Leviathan”
- Job 41:1 Rendering Courtesy of: https://www.christianity.com/bible/bible.php?ver=niv&q=job+41
- Image of a naturalistic depiction of the biblical Leviathan https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/423619908672037529/
- Image of a watery Dragon and Beowulf artist cited as Karl Kopinski: https://www.pinterest.ca/Ginwarrior/the-story-of-beowulf/
- Chickering Jr., Howell D. Jr. Beowulf: A Dual-Language Edition. Anchor Books. 1977, 1989, 2006.
Footnotes to Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
- Source list to be developed
Footnotes to Niksen: An Inquiry into Doing Nothing
Footnotes to Buddhism’s Four Seals
- Source List to be developed
Footnotes to Being Water: An Inquiry into The Lee Family Philosophy
- Lee, Shannon. Be Water My Friend: The Teachings of Bruce Lee.
- Pirsig, Robert. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.
- Whitehead, Alfred North. Process and Reality.
- Czikmentmihalyi, Mihalyi.
- Evans, Jules. Philosophy for Life and Other Dangerous
Footnotes to a Process: An Inquiry Into Meditation
- Zen Mountain Monastery: https://zmm.org/teachings-and-training/meditation-instructions/
Tai Chi: Movement as Metaphor
- Source List to be developed
Tai Chi in the Morning
- Photo Credit: Tai Chi Vectors by Vecteezy
- Lovett, Lyle. Step Inside This House.
- Pirsig, Robert. Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.
- Van Zandt, Townes. Highway Kind from Sunshine Boy: The Unheard Studio Sessions and Demos 1971-1972. Omnivore Recordings.
- Photo Credit: https://www.twincities.com/2017/04/24/robert-m-pirsig-million-selling-zen-author-dead-at-88/
(Learning) Tai Chi After 50
(Learning) Tai Chi After 50 was originally published as a blog-post as “Tai Chi After 50” on November 21, 2020. Due to the idiosyncratic elocution needs of automated text to voice software used for the podcast version of Zensylvania, an updated version of the essay was re-loaded to the the website as “Learning” on August 5, 2021.
- Black and white photo of a person sitting casually on a Honda CB750 courtesy of: https://negativespace.co/black-white-honda-motorbike/
- The grey-on-grey graphic contained in this article was developed from an image found on: Tai Chi Vectors by Vecteezy
- Definition of “footnotes”: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/footnote
- Uchiyama, Kosho and Okumura, Shohaku. The Zen Teachings of Homeless Kodo. Edited by Whitehead, Jokei Molly Delight. 1981 and 2014. Simon and Schuster. ISBN 13: 9781614290483
- Whitehead, Alfred North. Process and Reality. Gifford Lectures Delivered in the University of Edinburgh During the Session 1927-28. Original Publication in book form 1929. Simon and Schuster. ISBN-13: 978-0029345702
- Whitehead, Alfred North and Russell, Bertrand. Principia Mathematica. Cambridge at the University Press.1910. ISBN-13 978-1603864374. Open Library Edition.
Leviathan: The Biographia Isocratica of Adrian Kun
- Adriaans, Eric. Leviathan: The Biographia Isocratica of Adrian Kun. The Druthers Press. 2017. ISBN 978-0-9950966-0-8.